IDI Learn is a trading name for the Interactive Design Institute Limited
This policy (together with any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.idilearn.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information about us:
We are a UK based company whose principal activity is education. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our full contact details are:
The Interactive Design Institute Limited
Tel: +44(0) 131 777 9321
The Interactive Design Institute Limited is incorporated and registered in Scotland as a limited company. Company no. SC 265879. VAT no. 847211435. Our registered office is at the address stated above.
The Interactive Design Institute Limited is approved as a centre by The City & Guilds of London Institute, ABC Awards and the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). The Interactive Design Institute Limited acknowledges the support of Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce and Enterprise and Scottish Enterprise.
The Interactive Design Institute Limited is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner.
Information on visitors:
Visitors can access the home page and public areas of our website without disclosing personal details. Our website does not allow visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information which can be accessed by others.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our services, search for a product, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use information:
Personal information held about you will be used for our core business and marketing purposes as explained below.
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will hold your personal information for as long as you continue to use the services you register for, and for a reasonable period after you stop doing so. We will ensure that all personal information is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Interactive Design Institute Limited will act at all times in accordance with current legislation.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Interactive Design Institute Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its suppliers and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your personal information:
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information The Interactive Design Institute Limited holds about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will make a charge for information requests, and will require proof of identity. Requests should be addressed to:
The Interactive Design Institute Limited
Tel: 01875 320 597
The Interactive Design Institute Limited does not accept enrolments, or knowingly collect personal data, from those under 16 years of age.